Monday, August 8, 2016

Kindergarten!!!

I can't believe I have a Kindergartner!!! She has grown up way too fast, and was more ready to go to school than I was for her to go to school. There were no tears from either side, but I have to admit, it was a little hard to walk away and leave her there! She is so ready for this and has been counting down the days.
If you know my family well, you know that I am surrounded by extremely talented family members. Seriously. My dad, my mom, my 2 sisters and my brother are all so incredibly talented. I have been raised around all these people and have been able to learn so much. I'm not the most creative person, so I have had to observe and learn. My sister, Staci, started a tradition with her kids that I have been always wanted to continue when my kids got old enough. "Back To School Dinner" It consists of having your kids pick out the menu for the evening and making it really special for them. I found a bunch of really cute decorations for the table. I planned it all out and surprised Kaiya Saturday night. Her menu consisted of her favorites:
Spaghetti
Edamame
Chicken Nuggets
Pineapple
Cupcakes
Root Beer
It was super fun and definitely something I will continue to do.
 Classic "first day of school" picture!
 Table before dinner. I also had some extra surprises for her like her pencil box filled with goodies, a new water bottle, lunch box supplies, and book marks. I had her fill out a First day of school Interview so I can keep it and go back every year and see how much she has grown.
 Beckam just wanted to eat the cupcakes



No comments: